The Enable Programme provides smaller short term grants to strengthen charities and CIOs in England and Wales which work with people experiencing multiple disadvantage at one of the critical points in their life. Organisations must be working with people aged 17 years and over who are experiencing at least one of the following:
- Have been abused or are at risk of abuse.
- Are victims of sexual exploitation.
- Are ex-offenders or those at risk of offending.
- Are long term unemployed.
- Are leaving care.
- Are homeless.
- Have learning disabilities.
- Have mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Have addictions.
- Are isolated and vulnerable.
- Have severe financial difficulty as a compounding disadvantage.
The only exceptions are people aged under 17 years who are:
- Young parents.
- Looked after children and disabled young people moving into independent living.
Grants are available for up to a total £15,000 over two years and can be used for a wide range of activity related to the development and improvement of the capability of the organisation.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)