Grants of between £500 and £2,500 are available to registered charities and not for profit organisations that are based in areas in the UK where Tesco has stores.
Funding is available to provide practical benefits, such as equipment and resources for projects that directly benefit health, sustainability or opportunities for young people. Projects that may receive support include the following:
- Improving diets and encouraging healthy eating.
- Involvement in sport and physical activity.
- Education and training programmes.
- Support to vulnerable and disengaged groups.
- Learning programmes for young people with disabilities.
- Reducing food waste.
- Local eco initiatives that contribute to global environmental impact, such as energy reduction, reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, water conservation.
- Projects that encourage sustainable living, such as reducing environmental impact and promoting social benefits.
The deadline for applications is 21 September 2014 (midnight).