The Postcode Community Trust's Community Grants scheme has opened to applications from registered charities and community groups in England, Scotland and Wales for projects that advance community development.
The Postcode Community Trust provides short-term, designated funding to good causes in Great Britain that promote community development and demonstrate positive change through access and engagement.
The Trust seeks to help groups participate more fully in activities within their community, especially for those who may feel isolated through disability or age. The Trust wants to help them overcome these barriers in creative and sustainable ways. Projects should help people gain better access to community facilities, community activities and strengthen communities in ways that are different, sustainable and reach a wide number of people.
Funding is available for activities that:
- Work in innovative ways to relieve older people's isolation.
- Support people looking after others.
- Enhance volunteering opportunities.
- Promote community arts projects.
- Promote team/group sports and activities that benefit communities.
- Provide/enhance places for sport and recreation.
- Promote interaction of different generations.
- Promote a community's social history.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible to apply.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 for those in Scotland and England and up to £10,000 for those in Wales.
The deadline for applications to Round 2 is 31 May 2016.