The Postcode Local Trust has announced that there will be two grant rounds in 2017, with a two stage application process.
The Postcode Local Trust, established in 2015, operates its own society lottery and receives all of its funding from players of People's Postcode Lottery. The Trust was created to provide financial support for charities and good causes which help communities enhance their natural environment in a way that benefits the wider community.
In 2017 Postcode Local Trust will fund projects that are of local importance across Great Britain which support wildlife areas, sustainability initiatives, local indoor and outdoor spaces and citizenship (local volunteering projects).
Registered charities in England and Scotland can apply for grants of between £500 and £20,000, and those in Wales can apply for grants of between £500 and £10,000. Grants of up to £2,000 are available to other not-for-profit organisations that do not have a registered charity number.
The grants will be for the following types of activities:
- Enhancing outdoor spaces such as:
- Community gardens.
- Community orchards.
- Play areas, especially those made with sustainable wood sources or recycled materials.
- Local, biodiversity improvements or habitat restoration such as:
- Wildflower meadow creation.
- Flood prevention schemes.
- Hedgerow boundary improvements.
- Wetland area enhancements.
- Tree planting/woodland creation.
- Outdoor education projects delivered with local communities by environmental charities.
- Green Energy projects which create more sustainable solutions to lowering, eg, energy costs in a community centre.
- Solar panel, wind turbine or micro-hydro schemes.
- Cultural heritage of an area (stories, exhibitions).
- Volunteering initiatives that help local projects, local areas and local people through, for example, uniform youth organisations.
Please note that this is a 'vastly' oversubscribed fund, and groups are strongly encouraged to read the new guidance document which can be found on the Trust's website.
There will be two grant rounds in 2017, with a two stage application process.
- Round 1 Expressions of interest: 23 January 2017 to 10 February 2017.
- Round 2 Expressions of interest: 01 August 2017 to 18 August 2017.
Full details can be found on the Postcode Local Trust website
Source: Postcode Local Trust, 02/01/2017