Stand out projects focusing on UK wildflowers have until mid January 2018 to apply for grants of £2,000 or £4,000 to transform local spaces.
Grow Wild UK awards funding for projects that brings people together through activities that connect their community and celebrate UK native wildflowers, plants and/or fungi. The Fund is a partnership between Grow Wild UK, the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew and Lemos&Crane.
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Focus on UK native wildflowers, plants and/or fungi, highlighting the importance of these species for the environment, and for quality of life.
- Engage one or more of these groups: young people aged 12-18, students and young people aged 18-25, people living in urban areas, people experiencing hardship and reduced access to services, adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities.
- Encourage large-scale community involvement, ideally in the hundreds.
- Deliver the project in a space or location that is accessible to the general public.
- Be delivered by voluntary, youth or community groups that are constituted, not-for-profit, or charitable. This includes youth groups, secondary schools, councils and health authorities.
It is estimated that the fund will support 50 groups across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in 2018.
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2018 (12pm).