Wednesday, 16 September 2015
Big Lottery Fund’s People and Places (Wales) – Change to Criteria
The People and Places programme funds capital and revenue projects that encourage co-ordinated action by people who want to make their communities better places to live.
Public sector as well as voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations can apply for three levels of grants (£5,001-£500,000; £250,001-£500,000; £500,001-£1 million) to support local and regional projects throughout Wales that focus on:
- Revitalising communities.
- Improving community relationships.
- Enhancing local environments, community services and buildings.
Starting from 5 October 2015, the following changes will be made the programme's eligibility:
- Projects will be able to apply for up to five years (instead of three years) funding.
- Projects above £500,000 will no longer need to provide evidence that they are innovative in design.
All other programme eligibility will remain the same. Revised application forms and guidance notes will be available on the Big Lottery Fund website on 5 October 2015.
Applications can be made at any time.