The Vegetarian Society is providing small grants of up to £200 for events and activities taking place from 16 to 22 May 2016 that attract those beginning their vegetarian journey, meat-reducers and the veggie-curious, but are inclusive of the wider vegetarian community.
The grants are to be used for events and activities that:
- Take place during National Vegetarian Week (16-22 May 2016).
- Celebrate and promote vegetarianism.
- Are exclusively vegetarian. (Events cannot have non-vegetarian food or drink).
- Promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity and tie in with the theme: 'Celebrate your food, stories and traditions'.
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to:
- Cookery demonstrations.
- Communal meals.
- Recipe exchanges.
The grants could be used for:
- Room hire.
- Equipment hire.
- Transport costs.
- Veggie promotions at luncheon clubs and community cafés.
- Cookery demonstration materials.
- Direct costs in delivering the activity.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Vegetarian groups, local network groups and student vegetarian and vegan societies (whether they are formally part of the Vegetarian Society network or not).
- Not for profit organisations in the UK (eg community groups, schools, social housing schemes, youth clubs, Cubs, Brownies, Scouts or Guides).
- Informal groups of friends, parents or students.
The deadline for applications is 9 May 2016 (9am).