Tesco Bags of Help Programme has opened for Round 2 applications from local groups in England, Scotland and Wales.
Tesco offers grants through its Bags of Help Programme which is funded by Tesco customers from the proceeds of the 5p charge for plastic carrier bags as a result of a government carrier bag levy.
Grants of £8,000, £10,000 and £12,000 are available for capital improvements to local community greenspaces that have free and open access to all members of the community for a minimum of six days a week, during daylight hours.
Projects that would typically receive funding include:
- Parks, pocket parks and urban green spaces.
- Green corridors, such as river and canals, cycle ways.
- Formal and informal play areas.
- Open access sports facilities within public parks and recreation grounds, such as football pitches, tennis courts and cricket pitches.
- Informal outdoor recreation facilities, such as gym equipment, trim trails and woodland walks.
- Nature reserves, community woodland, ponds and village greens.
- Seafront improvements.
- Community allotments, community gardens, orchards and city farms.
- Spaces in the grounds of hospices and day centres.
- School grounds.
- Community spaces on housing estates or residential.
Voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and housing organisations in England, Scotland and Wales can apply. Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
The deadline for applications is 3 June 2016 (noon).