The People’s Health Trust (PHT) have recently launched Active Communities grant fund in North Wales (Powys, Gwynedd, Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham), and they are looking to invest in local projects that ‘bring people together’. (Their launch press release can be found here)
Grants of between £5,000 and £50,000 (over a two year period) are available to eligible groups in eligible areas!
In order to establish if you are an eligible group in an eligible area, you will need to go to the application webpage here and use the map.
PHT require the projects to:
· Be designed and led by local people
· Create stronger connections between people
· Be seeking funding of between £5,000 and £25,000 a year
· Last for between twelve months and two years
· Be small and local, for example, a few streets, a small village or be a community of interest, experiencing social and economic disadvantage
· Be in one or more of our fundable neighbourhoods
· A women’s volunteering group run by and for Bengali women
· Computer skills support group run for and by older people
· Support for local people to become community organisers
However, time is of the essence. The application process has two stages:
Stage 1 involves completing a short application form, explaining what your project will do, highlighting how your project will bring people together and how local people will lead on the activity. PHT will assess the Stage 1 applications within five working days and if successful you will be invited to complete Stage 2.
Stage 2 looks at the finer details – break down of the costs, your governing document and audited accounts (or evidence of cash flow if you are a new group).
STAGE 2 NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED BY 1PM ON WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL 2015.
AVOW is hosting two information sessions on Friday 10th April:
10am - Plas Madoc Opportunities Centre, Hampden Way, LL14 3US map
2pm – Caia Park Partnership, Prince Charles Road, Wrexham, LL13 8TH map
Please pass on this email to anyone you think might be interested.
Please email email@example.com or call 01978 312556 (and ask for Kate Harcus) for further details.