Funding is available for project ideas to improve local areas in order that they can improve people's lives. The programme aims to deliver demonstrable improvements to the environment, and will also fund educational projects to help people learn about their impact on the world around them.
Not-for-profit organisations with a turnover of £300,000 or less and schools in England, Scotland and Wales can apply.
Priority will be given to organisations that are based near a Greggs shop.
Priority will also be given to projects that benefit disadvantaged people, which could include the following groups:
- People with disabilities or suffering chronic illness.
- People living in a disadvantaged area.
- People living in an area with poor access to the environment.
- Voluntary carers.
- Homeless people.
- Isolated older people.
- Other identified need.
There are three funding rounds in 2016. Applications for:
- Round 1 will be accepted from 1 January until 4 March with decisions at the end of April 2016.
- Round 2 will be accepted from 5 March until 1 July with decisions at the end of August 2016.
- Round 3 will be accepted from 2 July until 30 September with decisions at the end of November 2016.