The Community Foundation for Wales has announced that the "Fund for Wales" is open for applications. Through the fund, grants of £500 to £1,000 are available for small, volunteer-driven community groups whose projects aim to deliver one of the five following outcomes:
- Improving people's chances in life
- Building stronger communities
- Improving rural and urban environments
- Encouraging healthier and more active people and communities
- Preserving heritage and culture.
The Fund is open to constituted community-based charities and organisations (e.g. associations, social enterprises and clubs) whose beneficiaries are:
- All in Wales
- With an income of less than £100,000 in the latest reported financial year
- Which are volunteer-driven and have no more than one full-time equivalent member of staff throughout the year.
The closing date for applications is the 31st July 2017.