The Welsh Church Act Fund is a charitable Trust Fund which is administered by the Community Foundation in Wales. The Trust Fund is governed by the Welsh Church Act 1914.
The primary object of the Fund is to provide assistance to groups for social, recreational and other charitable purposes. Capital grants may be awarded to assist organisations in the furnishing and upkeep of buildings. Revenue grants are designed to support organisations with projects and activities to benefit the residents of Powys.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Not for profit organisations (for example a Registered Charity, Charitable Incorporated Organisation, Unincorporated Club or Association and Community Interest Company)
- Organisations that are based within Powys County and/or projects or activities specifically designed to serve Powys residents.
- Churches and Chapels can apply.
- Charities can apply for grants of between £1,000 and £5,000
- Where there is an exceptional case for support, grants of £10,000 may be awarded
The Fund supports:-
- The restoration of Churches, Chapels and community/village halls within county
- encouraging arts
- social and recreational activities
- protection of historic buildings
- organisations working to address disadvantage in the case of people on low incomes or those who are sick or disabled
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the financial/social need the grant will address to serve Powys residents
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received support from this Fund
- We only accept one application from an organisation per year
This programme has two annual deadlines of 28th February and 31st August. Applications are invited within the six weeks prior to a deadline.
This Fund if currently OPEN
Please click on the following link to start an Online application form: Online Application Form
If you'd rather submit an application in Welsh, you'll need to download the appropriate application form below and send the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Source: Community Foundation in Wales)