This programme offers grants to help cover the day to day costs of small locally led and based voluntary and community sector groups that are doing ‘much needed’ work in their local communities.
Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 or between £1,000 and £10,000 (depending on the local community foundation) are to be used to support groups that can evidence a sustained beneficial impact on people’s lives who are excluded or disadvantaged. This may be through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disabilities, race, sexuality or gender. Priority is to be given to small, locally based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking actions to address these needs.
The work and main focus of the applicant organisation should fit one of Comic Relief's priorities, which are:
- Connected communities - seeking to improve inclusion and cohesion in communities.
- Productive communities - investing in local residents to help them solve the issues they are facing using local people and resources.
- Empowered communities - working to empower marginalised and disadvantaged communities.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an annual income of £100,000 or under for the last full financial year.
- Have been running activities for at least 12 months.
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area.
- Have limited access to other sources of income.
- Clearly define the need they are addressing.
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of their activities to local people.
- Illustrate how they aim to deliver social outcomes.
- Provide clear evidence that the services they provide are inclusive to all.
It is anticipated that this will be a very competitive programme.
This programme is being managed by UK Community Foundations and each area has a local Community Foundation that will administer and manage these grants.
Groups should visit their local Community Foundation website to find out how to apply and the application deadlines.
Each local Community Foundation will have different deadlines throughout the year.