15/08/2016 - RBS Skills and Opportunities Fund - Round 2 Opens on 19 August
The Skills and Opportunities Fund is scheduled to open for application from not-for-profit organisations in the UK and ROI starting on 19 August and closing on 9 September.
The £2.5 million RBS Skills and Opportunities Fund was set up last year by the Royal Bank of Scotland in support of organisations that help people in disadvantaged communities develop, create or access the skills and opportunities they need to help themselves, skills that will enable them to get into work or start a business, now or in the future.
The funding is aimed at projects that will promote education, develop skills for employment and help people to start a business. No more than 25% of the project spend can be capital costs. Large capital costs are not eligible, eg buildings, land purchase, refurbishments, large items of equipment. Small items of capital equipment are allowed if they are used within the delivery of the project.
The maximum grant is £35,000 or 20% of the applicant’s previous year’s turnover. The upper limit of turnover is now £10 million. There is no turnover restriction for schools or colleges.
Not-for-profit organisations or an eligible state funded education body, such as a charity, social enterprise, community group, school, or college can apply.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based in either the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working in and or with disadvantaged communities.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in measuring impact of the projects.
- Have a turnover of less than £10 million or be a state funded school or college, and have been trading for at least two years.
- Be able to complete the project within 18 months of the award.
The deadline for applications is 9 September 2016 (noon).